Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My First Blog Post !!!!

I am not a popular person..  I am just an ordinary person... 
But I want to learn new things...

This is my first blog, 
My name is Elisabeth Tjandra. I'm from Surabaya, Indonesia, but now I live in Den Haag, The Netherlands. This is my third week since I live in Here. I found new things in this country. I like this country but I prefer to Indonesian especially with the food...Yummy...

For my first story, I want to introduce very simple food..
My mother always made them for me, but today i tried to make my own and the results was delicious.
I want to share that food with people especially those who want also to try simple Indonesian home cooking.

Bali Tahu telor
This food is combination between Tofu and Egg with sweet and spicy sauce.
As far as I know the word Bali don't actually have any direct relation with Bali Islands :p

Bali Tahu Telor














Ingredients

Serve 4 people

Bali Sauce
For the tofu and egg
  • 1 block of tofu
  • 5 eggs
  • oil to fry 
Cooking Method
  1. Slice the tofu into 1 cm thick slices, and deep-fry it in 180C oil, stirring occasionally until golden.
  2. Hard boiled the egg, then put in cold water, so it will be easy to peel. After that, cut the egg into two pieces. Finally deep fry them so that the outer layer of the eggs turns golden brown and crisp (be careful, it only take few seconds).
  3. Use food processor to blend all Bali sauce ingredients except palm sugar, lemongrass, sweet soy sauce and bay leaves. Make sure it turn into smooth paste.
  4. Heat 2 tbs oil until medium heat then add the paste. Stir fry it until aromatic then add the water, lemongrass, palm sugar and bay leaves. Keep stirring it slowly for 1 minute.
  5. Add the tofu and egg, stir it slowly then add sweet soy sauce. Wait until it boil while stirring slowly. 
  6. Finally serve it with steam rice and start eating. SELAMAT MAKAN OR EET SMAKELIJK



No comments:

Post a Comment