Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sweet Pork (Babi Ketjap....^^)

Babi Ketjap
Hai...
We meet again in my cooking blog.
After two week I haven't been writing anything for my blog, finally today, I can write a blog post again.... I have a lot of things to do, because we finally have a real summer.  Yes... It's very hot... hehehe...... How are you my friends? Are you enjoying your summer holiday too?

During the summer holiday, I also made couple of dishes.  But I choose Babi Ketjap for our topic today. Babi means pork and Ketjap means sweet soy sauce. The key ingredient to make this dish is star anise. For description about anise star you can check it here. As far as I know, star anise is commonly used in Chinese cuisine. And I usually use dried star anise in my food.

Everyone can make this food, because it is easy and doesn't take much time to cook. Let's start cooking.....

Ingredients:
  • 1/2kg lean pork shoulder, cut into cube
  • 15gr ginger, finely chopped
  • 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped 
  • 1 scallion, cut into 2cm length
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 200gr sugar
  • 300ml water
  • 5 star anise
  • 1tbs sweet soy sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste 
  • oil to stir fry
Method of Cooking:
  1. We use three stoves at once. The first stove is for heating the water until it's boiled.  The second stove is for caramelizing the sugar. 
  2. And the last stove is for heating the wok with oil over high heat. Add garlic into the wok, stir it until a little bit brown, then add soy sauce. Briefly stir it, then add pork and ginger. 
  3. Add the boiled water then the caramelized sugar, star anise, sweet soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stir it, add scallion then wait until it's boiled. 
  4. Finally, keep stirring until the water is reduced. 
  5. Ready to serve... Enjoy your food ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment